Monday 19 May 2008

Monday 19th May 2008 - The London Underground in listening practice

Another good day at work. I did some more listening practice this evening and I am picking up more of what one of my friends was saying. We based our listening practice on the London Underground map. We started off by my one of my friends asking me for directions to get from one station to another. And my friend then expanded by saying that he has a dog, lives in Regents Park, would like to take the dog for a walk on Hampstead Heath. I had to repeat the story line so that my friend could check that I have understood the purpose of the trip. It wasn’t too bad as we kept it simple. This was a good way to start moving away from the key word assisted listening practices. Don't forget these listening practices take place in a controlled environment without background noise. When I got of my car tonight there was so much racket from the birds from the trees near my house – unbelievable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment