Tuesday 5 February 2008

Tuesday 5th February 2008 - HOME!!!

I couldn't wait to get out of hospital - I just wanted to be at home in a "normal" environment. But there was nothing I could do until I was checked over. I was fine and once I had the needle out of my hand and my scar had been checked by my surgeon and the CI centre co-ordinator and painkillers were prescribed I was free to go home. I texted my Mum and she came over quickly as she was already on her way. I had already started to get myself dressed. Mum then helped me carry my bags out of the hospital. I was worried about the car journey and ramps. Would it hurt? Would I feel dizzy? It was fine, I had no problem with the movements of the car, but however it did hurt alittle when the car accelerated or decelerated.I got back to my house and my Mum fed me and then we loaded my car with my bags of 2 weeks worth of clothing and belongings and my Mum then took me home to their house in Worcester by driving my car. There were two routes we could take - one up over the Cotswolds via Evesham on the A34, A44 (which meant your ears will pop as you go down Fish Hill) or via the motorways. I opted for the motorway route as I didn't fancy the ear popping hill. My implanted ear felt as though there was pressure in it and didn't want to make it more uncomfortable.The journey to Worcester was fine. But as soon as we got back to Worcester, the pain really began to hurt. So I was on painkillers and ibrofrofen (don't know how to spell this one). That night I was really tired and I slept extremely well on my non implanted side of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment