Saturday 20 September 2008

Saturday 20th September 2008 - Mum's birthday

I went home this weekend as it was Mum's birthday. My sister also managed to get home too. We went to a lovely restaurant by the river in Worcester which was also quite a posh restaurant. I still struggled to follow the conversation around the table so my Mum helped me out as usual.

It was also a glorious day, it was sunny and it was nice and warm. Walking home from the restaurant we all walked through Cripplegate Park which was also the park where our parents used to take us when we were kids so that we could go on the slide, swings and rocking horse. Mum and Dad walked together whilst me and my sister walked ahead. We came across the entrance to the playground and we said to each other "Let's go on the swings - we hadn't done this for years!!" So we ran into the playground and got on the swings. It was great, and we raced to see who could get the highest on the swings. This was the first time I had been on the swings with my cochlear implant. And I had noticed a difference. I could hear the swings, the metal squeaking as we changed direction. That was interesting and we had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment