Sunday 28 September 2008

Sunday 28th September 2008 - buying a ski helmet

I am now skiing on a regular basis at the Milton Keynes snowdome. They provide me with a BSL interpreter for my ski lessons and I am really picking up fast how to ski. As a result of having a cochlear implant, the British Cochlear Implant Group recommends wearing a ski helmet when skiing to protect the cochlear implant and the implanted area. So that evening before I went skiing, I went into Ellis Brighams which is the ski and snowboard shop next door to sort out a helmet for myself. I prefer makes like Salomon or Scott. They had a Salomon helmet but it didn't fit me, so I have bought another good make called Protec ski helmet and that one fits me perfectly on my head and fits comfortably over my cochlear implant and my hearing aid. The magnet stays on!! I look cool with the helmet on and it does not interfere with my cochlear implant at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment