Tuesday 22 April 2008

Tuesday 22nd April 2008 - A VERY frustrating day!

What a FRUSTRATING day!!! What is the problem? I STILL can’t follow what people say between two or more people. I don’t know whether it’s me or them? Is it cos I am aware of more chat going on (that I was aware of before) and therefore more stuff to be frustrated about because I still can't follow / pick up what they are saying? Or are other people expecting me to hear and hence making less of an effort for example in an evening group get together I went to last night? Also I am picking up some sounds that I have not got a clue about. My computer at work keeps interfering with my CI and nobody knows anything about it and neither do I. Some environmental sounds I can make sense of, only few, but alot of it I just can’t. I just feel so tired and down. I feel so much more frustrated than before as I am trying to integrate and I am stuck in the middle. To make matters worst, when I got home, typetalk (the telephone relay system for Deaf people) REFUSED to work tonight so therefore was totally unable to speak to my Mum and my friends when I needed them most!! I just cried tonight. I felt communication just had barriers all day and I really felt I wish I wasn’t deaf. A frustrating day not to be repeated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment