Wednesday 23 April 2008

Wednesday 23rd April 2008 - A better day.

Much much better day. Everything back to normal again. But the CI was still getting me down as I cannot understand speech nor join in group conversation…that really annoys me and I don't know how to deal with this. Two of my colleagues who are good friends were extremely supportive and mentioned to me that its ok, and that it’s normal to feel down sometimes with the CI as it is a new experience and a very very steep learning curve. They also reminded me that learning to understand speech in everyday environments and following group conversations will still be difficult as I have never heard, but reminded me that I am doing really well with the CI so far and that I should be proud. We did listening exercises and speech practice again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment