Wednesday 9 April 2008

Wednesday 9th April 2008 - Breakthrough!

Advancement made today!! Had speech and listening session with a colleague after work this evening. Since last week, I had been plugging the cochlear implant processor into the radio aid system that I was already using with my hearing aid in my left ear. My colleague had the FM Genie transmitter and I had the CI plugged into the receiver. We did the syllable exercises with the CI through the FM system and it was far too easy!! So my colleague came up with a few simple sentences that were not written down and I GOT part of the sentences!! Some I got straight away and others I had to ask for repetition before I got it and took some guesswork, and some I didn’t get at all. That was achievement which I found quite amazing. And that was cos we used the transmitter and they were very very simple sentences with a few simple words. Anyway we shall see how this speech discrimination gets on. Was completely stunned as I drove home tonight.

But I don’t always hear the trolley bell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment