Friday 14 March 2008

Friday 14th March 2008 - H4 message again

Today, no problem with the implant. It is working normally again and I am picking up the sounds I have started to hear on Tuesday. There has been no more new sounds since. Footsteps remain to stand out especially at lunchtime walking around the shopping centre with a friend. Did more speech and language practice earlier this evening.

Ha I spoke too soon, just as I had typed the last line, my speech processor cut out and the sound went completely again! I took it off and the H4 message came up again. I resetted the processor and the H4 message still came up. I connected the magnet and still no sound, I checked the connection and that made no different, until I fiddled with the ear hook, then suddenly the H4 message went back to P1 and P1 stayed there. H4 message disappeared. I put the magnet back on and bingo it was working again. Mmm, sounds like dodgy speech processor, and I think I might know where the problem is – something to do with the area between the top microphone on the speech processor and the ear hook. It was only because I fiddled with the ear hook that I got the processor to work again. Will just pray that the implant will continue to work through the weekend until we can get to Monday morning to when I can sort it out. My CI audiologist did say to me see how I go through the weekend and if I have any more problems then they will give me another speech processor and get mine repaired! Hopefully then, that will get it sorted. I really need my cochlear implant as this is a crucial time as my brain is working hard to working out sensations and sounds and this needs to be consistent to get the best results. Also my hearing aid feels extremely quiet when I haven’t got my speech processor on. Easter is coming up and I am away for 5 days and I need a reliable speech processor. There is nothing that I can do right now and thanks goodness I already have an appointment on Monday morning. Its now nearly half 12 and I am about to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment