Friday 7 March 2008

Friday 7th March 2008

At work today, I noticed that when a colleague was making our cup of teas, she knocked the side of the mug with a spoon with me watching and I could pick up the sound of that, only because I could see the action happening. Also the other difference I pick up was when I was handling papers, I could sensate the rustling of the papers, and I never knew they made a noise. Also I could hear whenever I put my drink on my desk. We tried the phone with my line manager, I can’t hear the phone ring. I also tried to listen for his speech down the phone receiver and I couldn’t pick up anything, both on the M setting and the T setting. I continued to do the speech syllable exercises with a colleague.

We went to the pub at lunchtime for drinks with my colleagues, there was no difference in my experience of that as it was with hearing aids. In the evening I went to a friends house for tea and yes I feel the implant is supporting what I hear with my hearing aid especially people’s voices, but only when near. My friend took me into the kitchen where she was frying some courgettes, she tried to see if I could hear that and I couldn’t. Also we tried the microwave and see if I could hear that and when that ping but nothing yet. I guess these will come as I get turned up more. I wore the implant until I went to bed at 12.15am.

No comments:

Post a Comment