Saturday 15 March 2008

Saturday 15th March 2008 - trying music

The implant was working fine. I went to one of my friend’s house. I went to Tesco enroute to get two bottles of wine. I noticed no difference in my experience with the CI. I arrived at my friends house, I could hear my friend’s footstep on her wooden floor. I could also hear the clatter of the saucepans in the kitchen when I was in the living room. My friend also has a husband who is also profoundly deaf like me and has a cochlear implant. He has had this implant since 1994 and therefore is a lot more experienced with it than me. He brought down his guitar to test out what sounds I can hear / can’t hear. It seems like that I can pick up the high frequency notes ok, but and the very lowest, but not the rest of the low and high and any of the middle bits. The hospital did tell me that they have only turned me on very very low to ease me into it. I can tell when someone is talking but I am not yet able to work out whether it’s a man’s voice or a female’s voice and certainly not words. I had no problem with the implant not working today. I stayed overnight at my friends’ house.

No comments:

Post a Comment