Friday 28 March 2008

Friday 28th March 2008 - more new sounds

Another usual day at work. Can still tell when someone behind me is making tea by the sound of stirring spoons in the mugs. I find that a rather nice sound so I really don’t mind that.

At lunchtime I went to Pizza Express with a friend whose husband is profoundly deaf and has a cochlear implant. I was amazed by the sounds that I could pick up in Pizza Express as I have been there many times before and I have never ever heard the following sounds there:

Clang of cutlery on plates
Glasses being placed on the tables
Bottles being clunked together
Cutlery rattling whilst together.

Then in the evening after I went to a snowdome to try on snowboard/ski helmets and to get some information on advancing my snowboard/ski lessons, I went and met another friend in a pub on my return that evening. I noticed there are new sounds there too which I never noticed before. The sounds I heard are the same as I heard in Pizza Express… I never knew pubs and restaurants had other noise other than people’s chatter – I was so shocked!! Then I heard wine bottle being placed in its ice holder and that was loud and then I heard rattling of something and it was cutlery rattling from around the corner!! Wow!! I experience of space is broadening beyond my vision range for the first time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment