Wednesday 5 March 2008

Wednesday 5th March 2008 - Day 3

I don’t think there were that many new changes today. I awoke at 8.30am again and put on the speech processor. One thing now is that I do get a very low constant whirring sound and I know the difference when it is on or off. This morning, my Mum and I went through the massive box of accessories to see what we have and to work out what things were. We learnt about the controls of the speech processor and put on the MicLock tubing on it to secure it in place whilst on my ear. We unpacked the rest of the accessories from the big box and put them into the big carrying case that came with it all. We also sorted out the batteries and learnt how to change them and how to recharge them.

I noticed I think when I was in the utility room when the boiler was on, I think I picked up a low rumbling, but I am not sure. I find it difficult to tell whether I am actually hearing it or my brain is tricking me into hearing it. We also ran the tap in the utility room. I got some sensation from the tap like some tinkling vibes – but it made no sound and if I wasn’t looking at the tap I wouldn’t have known what it was or perhaps wouldn’t have registered this sensation.

I was really tired again after lunch, Mum and I tried the syllables exercises again but I wasn’t doing so well with it as I was too tired, so I slept again for 3 hours – unbelievable!! When I woke up again, we had tea and then attempted the exercises again. I did better and I did better than yesterday. So we went further with the syllable exercises. It was still exhausting. I wore the implant for the rest of the day and took it off when I went to bed at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment