Wednesday 12 March 2008

Wednesday 12th March 2008 - problems with the CI processor - the H4 message

Oh dear, the cochlear implant didn’t work very well today. The vibes and sound became intermittent as I was driving to work and then just before I got to my office, it completely cut out. I took the processor off and noticed that it said H4. I didn’t know what that meant and I couldn’t do anything as I was driving. When I got to work luckily I had the user manual with me, and so I was able to look it up. H4 means audio error and I had NO idea what that meant. So I followed some instructions to reset the processor and turned it back on again and it went back to P1 again, looks like it was ok. So I put it back on, and then it seemed fine. I decided to ring the CI centre to let them know what happened and asked them if I was meant to do anything. They asked me to come in and they will check it. So I made an appointment for tomorrow morning.

The CI seemed to be better throughout the day. Also when I had been to the hairdresser and went to put it back on again, when I had switched it on then connect to magnet there was no sound and then it suddenly came. Earlier this evening, I did some listening exercises again. Later on in the evening I seemed to have more problems with it after I had done some listening exercises on the computer. The sound suddenly became loud whirring and then become quiet whirring and then become really loud whirring that it became uncomfortable, but there was no message to indicate something was wrong. Before I went to bed I took it off and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment