Thursday 13 March 2008

Thursday 13th March 2008 - Fixing CI Processor problem

I got to the hospital for my appointment. When my CI audiologist saw me, we tested the internal parts of the implant and thanks goodness that was fine and we checked the communication to the processor and that was ok. The problems I had the day before were caused by a connection problem between the processor and the battery compartment. My CI audiologist fixed this and it was all ok again.

Then I got back to work and the cochlear implant was all was ok again. During early evening after work, we carried on doing the speech practice with my listening to the syllables this time listening to a friend read “The Tale of Peter Rabbit” with lots of pauses and me having to identify where the reading had stopped. This went well and then like yesterday, this friend helped me with the “S” focus in my speech.

Wore the implant today from 7.30am til 1.30am today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment