Thursday 6 March 2008

Thursday 6th March 2008 - Day 4

I woke up at 9.30am and then got up and dressed. Once I was dressed I then put the speech processor on. All I could hear was a constant low whirring. Had breakfast with my Mum and we then went out. Firstly we went to the tyre garage. I noticed that the implant seemed to make me aware that someone was talking through sensations of vibes. This was true where ever we went. When we got home, Mum tested the fire alarm on me but I could not hear it or pick it up. We did the speech exercises again and I seem to be getting better at these and we tried a few nursery rhymes where I had to say which word I think Mum stopped at. I noticed that I seem to pick up the syllables better for the high frequency sounds rather than the low ones. I have confusion between the words fire man and fire engine, read and reading. The words relating to wish, tell were easier and the numbers exercises were easier and I can pick up the rhythm of speech which helped me. My Mum’s voice is kinda beginning to become a sound I think she sound like a very quiet tinny Donald Duck!!

I managed to stay awake all day, in the afternoon, Mum and I went into the city centre and did some shopping. I noticed difference in Marks and Spencers – I could feel the sensation of speech happening all around me which I didn’t noticed before and also when we went into one of the 1960s arcades that I have been in all my life, I noticed a difference there. There wasn’t many people in the arcade when we were in there and I noticed that when I was talking to my Mum and lip-reading here, the sensation of the speech seemed to drag on, so I asked my Mum if our talking was echoeing in the shopping centre and she said yes. But all the sensation of speech didn't make sense. When then got home and I continued to wear the speech processor until I went to bed at 11.30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment