Sunday 23 March 2008

Sunday 23rd March 2008 - The Birds ARE singing!!

Another interesting day. No new sound this morning except perhaps I could hear the coffee grain land in the mugs as I made a cup of coffee for everyone this morning. This afternoon we went for a walk on the Bromyard Downs. This involved walking up a hill before arriving and walking through a wood at the top.

Dad walked with my sister as they usually do whilst as normal, Mum and I walked together. This was the most interesting walk I have ever had. This was because as we walked through the woods, Mum would stop every now and again when she hears the birds and ask me if I could hear it and help point out the sound to me as I have never ever heard the birds before and I had no idea what to expect to listen out for. Then I heard it! I heard a crow nearby – I heard this single sharp “brrrrrrrrp” increasing in frequency as the noise is made. That was a crow. My mum cried, yelled “yes!!” and gave me a hug. Then we walked alittle further and Mum could hear a different bird noise. So she helped point it out to me and then I heard this rapid high pitched “ch-ch-ch-ch”. I indicated to my Mum each time I heard it and I got it right and this was the blue tits! I couldn’t believe it. Then I noticed another of the same sound at a different high pitch and then another one in a different tone, and I told my Mum that this was happening constantly but you hear different tones of it. Mum told me that I was right, and I just couldn’t believe it. Mum and I got alittle emotional and we just couldn’t believe it. Tonight before supper we had some champagne to celebrate this. Wow – amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment